The activity of expressing a message about a company's brand, products, or services to potential customers using web-based platforms is known as online marketing. Email, social media, display advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), Google AdWords, and other tools and approaches are all used in online marketing. Marketing's goal is to reach out to potential customers through online channels where they read, search, shop, and socialize.
New advertising and marketing channels, such as those listed above, have evolved as a result of the increased usage of the internet for both corporate and personal purposes. There are numerous advantages and disadvantages to online marketing. It largely makes use of digital channels to attract, engage, and convert virtual visitors into paying consumers. Traditional marketing, which has traditionally included print, billboards, and television, varies from online marketing.
Advantages of digital marketing
Digital marketing's main advantage is that it allows you to reach out to a targeted audience cost-effectively and measurably. Increased brand loyalty and online sales are two further advantages of digital marketing.
The following are some of the advantages of digital marketing :
● Global reach - for a minimal investment, a website helps you to discover new markets and trade abroad.
● Lesser cost - When compared to traditional marketing tactics, a well-planned and well-targeted digital marketing campaign can reach the relevant customers at a far lower cost.
● Measurable, trackable results - determining the effectiveness of your online marketing effort is simple when you use web analytics and other online meter tools. Google Analytics may provide you with a wealth of information about how customers engage with your website or respond to your advertising.
● Personalization - If your customer database is linked to your website, you can greet visitors with personalized offers at any time. The more they buy from you, the better your client profile will develop and you'll be able to promote to them more effectively.
● Transparency - you may build client loyalty and establish a reputation for being approachable by utilizing social media and properly controlling it.
● Social currency - Digital marketing helps you to create engaging campaigns by utilizing content marketing techniques. By being shared among users and spreading virally, this content (images, movies, and articles) can create social currency.
● Increased conversion rates - if you have a website, your customers are only a few clicks away from making a purchase. Unlike other forms of media that require people to stand up and make a phone call or visit a store, digital marketing may be seamless and immediate.
All of these facets of digital marketing, when combined, can increase revenue.